Miyerkules, Nobyembre 4, 2015

BSHT Thanksgiving

Hello friends and welcome to Chic Little House, BSHT Thanksgiving Edition. I'm super excited to be included the fantastic roundup of pretty tablescapes for Thanksgiving, hosted by Lindsay of The White Buffalo Styling Co. If your joining me from Carrie's blog Dream Green DIY, welcome doesn't she create the loveliest tablescapes!

If your new to my blog Chic Little House, welcome I'm Katrina. I love all things design, pattern mixing, hoarding loads of fabric and mixing vintage finds with new ones. At the very top of My Love List is my family and the home we're creating together. My husband and two boys live in a 1950's rancher, we've recently re-built due to a house fire, while re-building our home we changed changed the floor plan to meet our modern family, along with adding additional square feet. Read more about our re-building journey here. Rooms in my house are designed over time, I try my best to thoughtfully fill our home with only what we truly love.

Thanksgiving in our home is usually a intimate family affair, usually hosting close family with friends stopping by in the evening to visit and enjoy desert. No matter how small, I love to set a pretty table for Thanksgiving. For tablescapes, I love the mixture of modern lines with classic touches. This year, I was drawn to shades of berry and deep turquoise with a hint of gold.



Since our dining room, is actually an eat in kitchen and on the petite size, we added a banquette which creates additional pretty setting. I love that banquette seating in our dining room gives the illusion of larger dining room. Believe it our not, our vintage dining table with the leaf in can actually fit 7!


For my floral centerpiece, I used a mixture of pink roses, berry colored mums and fresh greenery. My favorite is the eucalyptus, they smell amazing! I fell in love with the organically shaped bowls that are deep turquoise inside and knew they would be a perfect addition for Thanksgiving. I love the pop of color inside each blow against the pumpkins placed inside.



We recently added a pretty bar cart into our petite dining room, and I love the additional storage it provides and how it can double as a drink station during the holidays. Plus, it makes me a feel so much like a grown up lol.




For Thanksgiving we usually serve dinner family style and my kitchen counters double as a buffet. I love playing barista at home and being able to serve guests lattes and tea. My Nespresso creates the most amazing silky lattes, I'm still working on my latte art but I'm sure one day I'll nail pretty designs.


My favorite part of decorating our vintage dining room table, a Craigslist find is with candlelight. To keep our table feeling light and airy, I use mixture of clear candle holders.







Thank you for joining me! Next up on the BSHT Thanksgiving is Jen from withHEART, I can't get enough of her lovely home and so looking forward to seeing her lovely Thanksgiving table.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento