Martes, Disyembre 22, 2015

7 top flooring articles for 2015 – Round Up

Round Up – My best flooring articles for 2015

Top 7 Flooring Articles for 2015

As 2015 is coming to a close, I thought it would be helpful to do a round up post highlighting my Top 7 flooring articles for the year.  These cover hardwood flooring, wood floor refinishing and carpet.

1.   By far, my top article for the year is Top 10 Hardwood Flooring Trends for 2015.  This article shot up to be my #1 blog post on a monthly basis with over 5,000-7,000 clicks/month.  This article took a long time to write, but it was well worth it.  Several industry sites link to this page and it’s received over 1,300 shares on social media.

2. I was excited that my #2 article for 2015 is for carpets – 7 Carpet and Runner trends for 2015. This is now my #9 monthly article. This is the first time I’ve had a carpet article in the Top 10 (as hardwood seems to be the largest draw on the site). But, carpet and hardwood go together (especially when you consider carpet runners on hardwood steps and area rugs.)

dark vs light hardwood floors3. Dark floors vs light hardwood floors comes in at #3. In Westchester County (as well as NYC metro area), dark floors are most popular, followed by light floors. This article outlines the pros and cons for both.  It discusses which are more stylish, which are easier to maintain and which type goes best with your furniture.

4. Tips on Matching New and Existing Hardwood floors comes in at #4.  Here in Westchester County NY, most mid and higher end homes already have hardwood floors in most of the areas.  Now, many are adding hardwood to the kitchens, entryway, family room or sometimes additions.  This article provides tips on matching wood for the new areas to match the older areas.

Cat Lying On A Floor5.  For those of you with pets, you’ll love the next article – Which type of carpet is best for pets?  This is a new product from Stainmaster® called PetProtect® and it’s perfect for dogs and cats, as well as other “critters”  (e.g. young kids).  Check this article out if you have a busy household.

6. I couldn’t believe that I had not written an article on this site covering solid vs engineered hardwood, so I finally did!  It’s a high quality article, but so many others have written about this before, so it’s more challenging to rank high on the searches for this.

7. And last but not least I have FAQ’s on Hardwood Floor Refinishing – Everything you ever wanted to know. This itself is a round-up post with the top questions my customers ask about sanding and refinishing and it links to key articles on the site about how long it takes, what types of polyurethanes are best, stain color trends and much much more.  If you are planning to refinish your floors soon, you’ll want to check out this round-up.

So there you have it.  My top 7 articles of the year – as chosen by my audience.  Thank you for your continued support and make it a wonderful 2016.

If you live in the Westchester County/Fairfield County area, give The Flooring girl a call at 914-937-2950 and we’d be happy to set up a free flooring consultation. (Out of state, please call 914-407-3899).

schedule free flooring consultation2

If you live outside of Westchester County/Fairfield County, feel free to use my special link to Fast Floors to order your flooring and have them shipped directly to you.  In particular, I recommend the following brands: Somerset, Armstrong, US Floors and Coretec Plus.

Hardwood, Cork, Bamboo Flooring Up-to 70% Off! www.fastfloors.com

Round Up – My best flooring articles for 2015

The post 7 top flooring articles for 2015 – Round Up appeared first on The Flooring Girl.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento