Sabado, Hulyo 18, 2015

Dairy & Gluten-Free Caramel Cream Cheese Brownie Ice Cream Extravaganza

Caramel Cream Cheese Brownie Ice CreamGuess what? It’s National Ice Cream Month! Now that’s a celebration I can get behind. Unfortunately, ice cream is on my off-limits list. Dairy and I just don’t get along. I’ve tried a few dairy free ice creams from the grocery store, but they kind of fell flat, and they’re full of refined sugar, another no-no for me. This month, I decided to take matters into my own hands and made the investment into an ice cream machine. Already, the investment has paid off. Big time. Caramel Cream Cheese Brownie ice cream big time.

I couldn’t have done it without a little help from a couple friends. My first inspiration was my pal Erin Gardner, of Erin Bakes. She knows the ins and outs of my dietary restrictions, and over the 4th of July weekend, she brought me dairy/gluten free brownies and coconut sugar caramel for the MYO Sundae bar I set up for our guests. I was in heaven. And now, she’s posted the full recipe for the Fudgy Gluten and Dairy Brownies & Coconut Sugar Caramel on her site. Go there. Quickly. Considering I wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to have caramel again, Erin’s gift was particularly precious.

Caramel Cream Cheese Brownie Ice Cream

Image via Erin Bakes

Next, I caught site of a glorious photo of ice cream from my good friend Sheri Silver of Donuts, Dresses, and Dirt. I had to investigate. It turns out Sheri figured out how to make Homemade Magic Shell. Um, yes, please, times infinity. Our family has a thing with Magic Shell and I’ve missed it. Sheri’s recipe looks spectacular, and tastes just as good. (To avoid refined sugar, I omitted the corn syrup and used bittersweet dairy free chocolate chips.)

Caramel Cream Cheese Brownie Ice Cream

Image via Sheri Silver

Pull it all together and I had one heck of a craving. I immediately began working on an ice cream incorporating the caramel, the brownies, and the magic shell. And this week, it all paid off. I had my first bona fide ice cream sundae and it was heaven. I savored every single bite and I plan on having another tonight. Nom nom nom….

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento