Sabado, Setyembre 12, 2015

Fall Curb Appeal At Its Finest

I woke up this morning to a chill 50-degrees – I can’t complain about it, it’s the first morning in weeks that I’ve put on long pants and craved warm coffee. There’s a tree across the street that took this as a cue to switch from green to bright red, and I’ll take it as my cue to spend the weekend transforming our home for Fall.

Cottage decorated for fall with autumnal colors and decor.

Potted mums are for sale all over the place, and pumpkins are just around the corner too, so I’m getting really close to my seasonal tradition that marries the two into beautiful pumpkin planters. Another idea worth trying this year are Chrysanthemum Pumpkins, for a custom touch on your porch.

How to make pumpkin planters.

Fall wreaths are an opportunity to use earthy tones, and against our new green front door I think any of these unique wreath combinations would be right at home. Can I challenge you to leave mention of your favorite fall wreath materials in the comments? Dried mushrooms and artichokes had never crossed my mind, but look amazing in execution:

Beautiful fall wreath for home appeal in autumn.

Landscaping plays a huge part in having a yard that feels naturally autumnal, and it’s the time of year to transplant and purchase new perennials to improve the presentation of your landscape for future seasons.

If you’re planning ahead for spring gardening, consider investing in some planters. Terra cotta pots looks beautiful from Spring to Fall, but natural clay tones read very autumnal, and when plants in these large planters can flourish all season long, they’re lush at at their peak when the fall season arrives. I like terra cotta in small doses too, such as having mums divided into small clay planters at your entryway, and there’s a special appeal in those large ball decorations, which I have to imagine are molded and stained cement. So pretty!

Terra cotta planters for fall curb appeal.

If you’re looking for more tips to update your curb appeal for fall and get your weekend started, check out these posts on fall maintenance and fall garden planning:

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento