Huwebes, Mayo 28, 2015

Doggone Good Advice From Laurie March: Poisonous Plants

Hello pet and plant lovers! I’m back with another dog-friendly question and this one is very important.

Photo: Melissa Maggio

Elaine in Waverly, Ohio, wrote to say Laurieeeee! I’m a crazy dog lady with a green thumb! I can’t keep my pups from snacking on my plants when I’m not looking. I’m worried that certain plants might make them sick. Which plants should I get rid of and/or which ones can I keep?

Check out the video below to hear some of my advice.

So if you want to be sure that your pets and your plants play nice together, check out this list from HGTV.com. The Humane Society also has a very handy printout listing poisonous plants hereAnd the ASPCA has a fantastic database you can visit to find out which plants are toxic and non-toxic to a variety of animals. Take a look here.

Photo: Melissa Maggio

If you notice your dog eating grass and plants more than usual, it might be time for a trip to the vet. It can sometimes be a sign that they’re lacking something nutritionally or need medical attention.

Photo: Sarah J. Wells

We love our dogs, but since we can’t keep our eyes on them all time, it’s reassuring to know that we’ve done our research and their environment is safe. By choosing your houseplants carefully, you can be sure your furry friends are happy, healthy and, um, comfortable? Is that comfortable?

This post was brought to you by Bayer’s K9 Advantix® II.  Do not use on cats.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento