Huwebes, Mayo 21, 2015

How To Dress Up An Extension Cord

How To Dress Up An Extension CordIs there anything uglier in life than an extension cord? I think not. But sometimes they are unavoidable. When you need power, there’s not much you can do, aside from having an electrician on call to install outlets every two feet. If you’re stuck with an extension cord, but can’t bear the sight of it, I’ve got three ways to dress it up.

1. Rope

How To Dress Up An Extension CordI love rope. I just do. It’s come in handy in so many ways around our house, and I’ve used it in decor more times than I can count. As I was looking at my ugly extension cord, I remembered a technique from my grade school days of friendship bracelet making and realized that I could wrap my extension cord the same way. I used think braided rope, but clothesline or paracord would also work. Instead of a hideous plastic extension cord, you’ve got a nautical accent that adds texture to a room. Simply wrap the rope around behind the cord, from right to left, leaving a small loop. Then wrap the loose end over the top of the cord, and down through the loop. Tighten and repeat again until you’ve knotted all the way down the cord.How To Dress Up An Extension Cord

2. Washi TapeHow To Dress Up An Extension Cord

It’s just SO easy. I did one in preppy blues and one in feminine florals and I love them both. Alternate colors or stick with one color palette. Go crazy. No matter what, your extension cord will be prettier than when you started.

3. YarnHow To Dress Up An Extension Cord

I had some super fat yarn leftover from a winter knitting project and knew it would add a dose of soft texture to my extension cord. I tied a quick knot at one end to secure, then simply wrapped the yard tightly all the way down the cord, securing the other end with a dot of glue. Done.

So, there you have it. Three ways to conceal that hideous eyesore of an extension cord. What’s your best trick to hide something unsightly?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento