Huwebes, Hunyo 18, 2015

Camp Meow: A Cozy, Quiet Space for Your Cat

My cat Ronnie is as friendly as they come. She greets my friends at the door when they come to visit and is happy to snuggle with them, whether they want her to or not. While Ronnie hasn’t met a friend of mine she doesn’t love, kids are another story. There aren’t children in our home, so Ronnie has a pretty quiet, mellow life. She’s a rescue cat, so she loves being a one-cat show. When kids do visit she isn’t the biggest fan of them running around, yelling at one another or trying to chase after her in an attempt to pet her. When young guests are over I create a quiet space for Ronnie to retreat to and she takes me up on it. The space I make for her hasn’t been all that fancy, up and until now.

Meet Camp Meow, Ronnie’s new hang-out space. I wanted to create a quiet, cozy area for her when she wants to hang out by herself and Camp Meow is it. She ADORES her Scratch Lounge (we have three of them around our house), so I knew I needed to create a sanctuary for her that incorporated that piece. Looking at photos of vintage campgrounds, a simple tent seemed just right for her. The shape would fit easily over her Scratch Lounge, but could also stand alone with a blanket or small pillow inside, too. Unlike a tent we would use to camp in, either end is open for her to easily get in and out of, or just stretch out. When it came to selecting a fabric to use with the tent, the cat-themed options were endless! I fell in love with “Cats” from Cloud 9′s Ed Emberley’s Happy Drawing, Too! collection. The organic cotton is so incredibly soft!

If you think your cat might like their own Camp Meow tent, take a look at how I made Ronnie’s.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento