Miyerkules, Hunyo 3, 2015

DIY Cactus Donuts for National Donut Day

DIY Cactus DonutsGuess what Friday is? It’s National Donut Day! Though, to be sure, if you’ve been on the internet (Pinterest, I’m looking at you) in the past 48 hours, it’s likely you’ve seen a flurry of donut related articles and blog posts. National Donut Day is becoming a BIG deal – there are all kinds of special deals/freebie donuts to be found at bakeries and donut shops across the country, and bloggers of all stripes have hopped on the holiday to chime in with all kinds of donut related posts and projects.DIY Cactus Donuts

Never one to be left out of a donut related event, I was trying to figure out what kind of donuts I could tackle this year. I was kind of feeling like I may have outdone myself last year with my DIY Fauxnuts (remember how cronuts were a huge deal last year?), so I wasn’t really sure what I could do. And then I remembered this killer project by my internet pal Alana Jones-Mann from 2013:DIY Cactus Donuts

How amazing are those cactus cupcakes? They’re so awesome, I felt that they absolutely had to be made into donuts. Because what the world REALLY needs is “desert donuts”, amiright?DIY Cactus Donuts

I followed Alana’s tutorial to create my cacti, so if you want to make your own, head here to follow her directions. She’s the baking pro and the original creator of the cactus cupcakes, which I swear, are going to take over the world. Alana also has her own show over on Ulive called Craft On – which is fantastic. Want to know a little more about her? Check out my Creative Genius profile from a while back, but I warn you – Alana is pretty great, and you’ll probably want her to be your BFF after you read it.DIY Cactus Donuts

Until then, how are you going to celebrate National Donut Day? And what are the BEST donuts you’ve seen so far?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento