Miyerkules, Oktubre 7, 2015

6 Ideas to Create a Pretty Front Door

I have a serious crush on pretty front doors, they typically stop me dead in my tracks and I must take a pictures. Your front door is the first welcome to your guests and it should be inviting showcase your family's personalty. I've gathered 6 Ideas to help you transform your front door into a pretty hello. For more front door inspiration, visit my recent post about the several inspirational front doors from I fell in love with while on Holiday in England here.

No. 1 Have Fun with Color. One of the easiest updates to you can do to your front door is paint! One quart of paint can totally change the look of your front door and can make a simple paneled front standout in the best possible way. Be unafraid of color, when deciding on the paint color for my front door I was most drawn to chartreuse. But, at the same time I was so afraid of the color in a good way, turns out going with my gut and painting our front door a shade of chartreuse even when family didn't get my vision was THE perfect decision for my home. Read more about our front door color journey color inspiration here.

Remember to think beyond painting your front door black, red or white. While there's nothing wrong with those colors, having fun with color is the perfect way to greet your guests. Fun colors don't always have to be bold and graphic, they can be the a pale color or mint, light blue or even a soft grey.

image via Yahoo Homes

No. 2. Upgrade Your Door Hardware. Swamping out or even Spraying paint your front door hardware is an affordable update that can be accomplished in an afternoon. In addition consider installing a door knocker and mail box slot to up the charm factor.

No. 3 Install House Numbers on Door. Adding numbers to your door, is the perfect way to add visual impact and can be done very affordable. These large modern house numbers from The Home Depot, are fantastic and would look great on a door.


4. Add Trellis for Vines. This white door below comes alive with the vine roses flanking each side of the foot door. This would be a super simple update, the plants van reside in large containers and the trellis can be attached directly to the exterior of the house.


image via 101Gardens

No. 5 Install Statement Lighting. Extra large lighting looks so good and is a quick and easier update for your front entrance and can really help give your front door that 'wow factor.'

image via Tidbits & Twine

6. DIY Dutch a Door. I love Dutch Doors, they are fantastic and so pretty! I wanted to add one to my laundry room, but I let myself get talked out our having one. However, I have big plans to find a vintage door and transform it into a Dutch Door DIY style! Any guesses on the door, I plan on replacing in the future with a Dutch version?

I've been sharing several fantastic doors on Instagram follow me @mrsclh to see more and get a peak into my day to day along with what I'm working on for the blog.

What color is your front door? And do you also have a major crush on front doors.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento