Sabado, Oktubre 3, 2015

Create Your Own Industrial Pipe-and-Wood Shelves

wood shelves

When my design supplies are organized, I’m way more likely to want to make things. So setting up a proper shelving system in my design studio was a must. And since the majority of the materials on the shelves were upcycled materials just waiting to be turned into something new, I couldn’t use all new materials for the shelves themselves.

A visit to Big Reuse in Queens inspired the salvaged picnic table wood for the shelves. It was thick and cheap and had a whole lot of character. Since you can’t always find an exact match in salvaged materials, you can always replace the wood with a similar size from a wood shop or hardware store. I always encourage salvaged whenever possible! Feel free to size your shelving up or down as it fits your space. The way I designed these shelves, they sit about 4 inches from the wall. If you prefer, you can adjust the spacer on the top flange so that it’s flush against your wall. The overall size of this unit measures 93” x 17” x 56”, with three shelves 11” tall and four shelves 9” tall. Adjust to fit your space accordingly.

To finish off my shelves, I organized my supplies in recycled wine crates that seem to have endless uses in my house. Use yours for anything that needs storage. Grab a tape measure and let’s get started!

shelves with materials in wine crates

I had no problem filling up these shelves with projects just waiting to be made (and remade)

shelves with materials in wine crates

wine crates are the perfect upcycled storage container

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento